Monday, April 14, 2008

The Excitement Mounts

I have spent a lot of time online trying to work out the best way to buy a bike in Barcelona. When it has all boiled down, there is still nothing in the pot. Someone offered me a near new Surly, but they were in Madrid and did not get back to me when I asked how much they wanted, not sure what they were up to.

Registering with
Warmshowers.org and Cyclo Accueil Cyclo - Le CAC
we have made contact through CAC, with a cyling host in Barcelona, who, even though he will not be home when we arrive, will leave his key with a friend for us pick up and use his flat. This will be a great opportunity to crash for 12 hours and dispel the jetlag fog that is sure to be surrounding us.

Then it will be out onto the street searching for the bike that will carry me across Europe for the next 3 months. The only familiar thing about it will be the seat, I am bringing the seat off my old faithful Jindie, who sadly will be left home owing to our lean luggage allowance of 20kgs each.

No comments: